A Barrier Free Canada benefits all Canadians by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility. The purpose of the bill is to make Canada fully accessible and barrier-free in areas under federal jurisdiction.
Make Canada Accessible
The bill, which is now law, outlines how to identify and remove accessible barriers and prevent new barriers, under federal rule, including in:
- Built environments (buildings and public spaces)
- Employment (job opportunities and employment policies and practices)
- Information and communication technologies (digital content and technologies used to access it)
- Procurement of goods and services
- Delivering programs and services and
- Transportation (by air as well as by rail, ferry and bus carriers that operate across a provincial or international border)
- A Barrier Free Canada, Benefitting all Canadians by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and making our country accessible for all.
Accessibility TV is about the Innovation of Accessibility issues for people with disabilities. Since the Royal Ascension of Bill C-81 and the formation of the Accessible Canada Act, the world has changed for people with Disabilities and Invisible Disabilities. Stay tuned for everything Access related, coming to Accessibility TV.
Barrier Free Communications
Canada’s new Accessibility Act is a game changer for organizations and entrepreneurs who are ready to develop new accessibility focused services or products or primed to promote those which they have already created or implemented.
The Act sets out new requirements that will generate a flood of needs in the Canadian marketplace for innovative new solutions that will help organizations in all sectors comply with the new standards.
Companies, Departments and Organizations need to gain insights on how to develop accessible products and services, to finding service providers who can assist them to transform their entire workplaces, spaces and places into accessible environments for people living with disabilities.
The Act will create a need for change in all Product Life Cycle stages, metrics and characteristics. The Act will also drive changes in how employees are recruited, trained, retained and engaged.
Our team at AccessibiliTV are experts on the new Accessible Canada Act. We are also comprised of top talent in communications and marketing. Our passion is to help entrepreneurs and organizations succeed by providing them with new solutions that will fuel their success.